Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] St Maartn AMEL Get Together- this coming week.

Symphony

hi Eric,
I will be stopping to see you and Moshe in SXM if something breaks on the catamaran I am delivering.  But I also have good news about a cheap weather routing service via text message!

I have been working with the developer of https://FastSeas.com - the free weather routing site.  Fantastic and easy to use.

I have a Garmin InReach device with a tracking map page and unlimited text messages.  my family loves seeing my delivery trips and I like having unlimited messages for $69 per month.  But the weather reports included by InReach are terrible.  That's why I contacted Jeremy at FastSeas. He is very responsive and quick to solve syntax problems, and he is a sailor.

FastSeas previously required email or web service for updates - but as of yesterday it now responds to queries from an InReach text.  FastSeas will respond in minutes, and if the route/ report exceeds 160 characters it will send multiple text messages.  FastSeas will react to ocean currents, wind, waves, motoring, etc.  you can create a polar for your boat as complex or simple as you want.  And you no longer need a satellite internet or PACTOR modem to get the report -- just a simple InReach.

You can have 5 route requests per month for free.  Or for $30 per year you can have unlimited route requests. I have no financial interest in FastSeas, but I think it is a fantastic site to use and support, whether or not you are going offshore.

Richard
formerly Tartan 4100 "Symphony"

I'll be departing Martinique for Annapolis in 48 hours.

On Saturday, April 15, 2017, 8:06:26 PM EDT, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Hi,

There seems to be a bunch of us on St Marten this week coming. I will be on Kimberlite , Simpson bay Marina, Mimberlite is on the main Dock  about slip C12. I arrive on board  the 18 th about 4 Pm and will be on island for a week or so, changing the engine mounts. Please drop by if you are around .

USA cell  -Wi fi stinks at the marina  1 -631-398-9990 text is best.

Just drop by. We will be definitely on board the 19th an 20 for most of the day.

Fair Winds

Eric Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376