- [Amel Yacht Owners] Deck restoration question
Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Deck restoration question
Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
Three choices depending on a lot of things:
1.) You would be surprised what you can do by simply repainting the fauk caulking between the faux teak boards.Do one of the forward hatch covers and see what it looks like....see attached
2.) If that does not look good to you, you, the faux teak boards are actually thick gelcoat. Try sanding off a little, then repaint the faux caulk.
3.) If that still does not achieve the appearance you want,
- Sand everything thoroughly
- Use Awlgrip cream color to paint the faux boards and faux caulking.
- Use 1/4" masking tape to cover the faux caulk,
- Then have Awlgrip mixed to match the color of teak and paint the faux teak boards.
- Remove the masking and you have faux teak boards, caulked with cream color faux caulk.
Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.