From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of svmalaika@...
Sent: Saturday, 29 September 2007 5:27 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Autpprop bearings - Replacement

Gary,

Are you experiencing symptom (vibrations, loose or stick blades...) that
lead you to conclude it is time to change the Autoprop bearings? I spoke
with a
Brutons rep at the London boat show a few years ago and he said that
replacement was only necessary if you experienced symptoms and that in a
well
maintained prop (regularly cleaned, polished and greased) they should not
occur until
"thousands" of hours of use. My prop currently has about 1400 hours and
works smoothly.

Charlie
S/V MALAIKA II (SM#336)