Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] HELP HELP NEEDED REMOVING VETUS COUPLING

Sv Garulfo

Hi Eric

Might not be of great help but i read about changing the silent blocks and realigning the engine here:

It's unfortunately in french but there are pictures and maybe Google translate can extract a few tips.

I'm not experienced enough to translate the technical details but Nicolas says the Amel yard was of great help.

Good luck

Thomas
Garulfo
Amel 54 #122
Cap d'Agde, France

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 at 22:56, kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I have a 4

JH3HTE Yanmar on Kimberlite. I lifted the engine to change the engine mounts and cut the bolts holding the Vetus coupling together with the "C" drive and transmission.

Everything came apart easily. Unfortunately the

Amel modified  Vetus sleeve that has the keyway cut into it and the 4 rubber donuts will not come off the shaft of the "C" drive.

I have tried everything I can think of and the sleeve will not move. The engine is ready for a new coupling and mounts as soon as I can get this sleeve off. ANY IDEAS?

Fair Winds,

Eric

SM 376 Kimberlite