Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maramu mainsail furling issues

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

The most common problem with new owners and electric furlers is a blown circuit breaker. Do you know where the breaker is for the Main Furler?

The most common problem with new owners trying to manually furl the main is that they do not slip the drive motor down, disengaing it from the foil. The foil will never turn with the motor engaged.

Do you have any documentation?

We all normally sign our posts with our name, the name of the boat, the model and hull number and the location. It helps someone help you when you need help.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 9:15 PM, jacob.champness@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Does anyone know someone who can help sort out issues with the furler on our new-to-us Maramu in St Martin? It worked well during our sea-trial, but is now stuck furled to within about 1 meter of closed.   Neither the manual nor the power furler seems to be able to budge it either in or out.  Any more experienced Amel folk in the vicinity able to swing by and take look?  I'd definitely owe you a beer or 6...