Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Maramu mainsail furling issues

amelforme

A click from the solenoids with no action usually means the breaker has opened not allowing the electricity to the furling motor. As there were three major evolutions of the main sail furling system on the 46/48 Maramu, if you could post or send me directly several pictures of the furling motor and related gear mounted on the main mast, I can tell you how to configure the manual system. Other than a rudimentary set of basic information, there was no comprehensive manual on the 46/48 Maramu. What is the production year of your boat? Who surveyed the boat for you?

Joel F. Potter
THE EXPERIENCED AMEL GUY
954-812-2485

On Apr 24, 2017, at 8:03 AM, jacob.champness@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Eric.

Thanks for that.  I'll check there.  So that would be all the way forward in the v-berth?  I know there are some solenoids up there for the windlass.

Ours is an old Maramu, by the way, so not certain if it would be the same as on your Super?

I'd love to drop by.  I'll be working online with my west coast colleagues until 5, so will try our luck with traffic after that.  Not sure how you'd feel about my 6 and 9 year-olds tagging along?

Jacob Champness
Maramu 202 - Lark
St. Martin