Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Maramu mainsail furling issues

Beaute Olivier

Hello Jacob,

you have the furler model that was installed on the late Santorin. In order to use the manual furler, lift the locking pin on top of the furelr's pulley. If your genoa sheets are tight, you may not be able to lift this pin, so, ease the sheets first...

Good luck.

Olivier

On Monday, April 24, 2017 3:44 PM, Beaute Olivier wrote:

Hello Jacob,

the solenoids for the genoa furler are in the front cabin, in the top portside cabinet. They are marked "FOC" which means "JIB". They are mounted aside the windlass solenoids.
The breaker for both the genoa furler and the windlass is located in the passage way, above the 4 position battery main switch.
This breaker is labeled "GUINDEAU- ROLLFOCK" which means windlass-jib furler.
Here are both pictures of YOUR solenoids and breaker (one is rather dark).
If you don't get them, I'll send them with another e-mail address.
When the breaker is OFF, the solenoids still click. So, check first the click noise in both ways (furling/unfurling). If there is no click, that means the breaker protecting the cockpit controls is OFF.
Concerning the solenoids, you will see that there is a rubber cap with a push knob underneath. If you push, you should hear the motor rotating (as long as the breaker in the passage way is ON). Does your windlass work? If so, this means the power gets to the solenoids but does not come out, OR that the motor's carbon brushes need replacement.

Do these checks and come back to me. Be a little patient as I'm not full time behind my computer screen (but rather out in the sun...).

Good luck.

Joel, I did the survey of Jacob's Maramu (N°202 / 1986).

Olivier.

On Monday, April 24, 2017 2:52 PM, "Joel Potter jfpottercys@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

A click from the solenoids with no action usually means the breaker has opened not allowing the electricity to the furling motor. As there were three major evolutions of the main sail furling system on the 46/48 Maramu, if you could post or send me directly several pictures of the furling motor and related gear mounted on the main mast, I can tell you how to configure the manual system. Other than a rudimentary set of basic information, there was no comprehensive manual on the 46/48 Maramu. What is the production year of your boat? Who surveyed the boat for you?

Joel F. Potter
THE EXPERIENCED AMEL GUY
954-812-2485

On Apr 24, 2017, at 8:03 AM, jacob.champness@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Eric.

Thanks for that.  I'll check there.  So that would be all the way forward in the v-berth?  I know there are some solenoids up there for the windlass.

Ours is an old Maramu, by the way, so not certain if it would be the same as on your Super?

I'd love to drop by.  I'll be working online with my west coast colleagues until 5, so will try our luck with traffic after that.  Not sure how you'd feel about my 6 and 9 year-olds tagging along?

Jacob Champness
Maramu 202 - Lark
St. Martin