Re: Deck restoration question

Dennis Campbell

Thanks John. I'm wondering if weathering of the faux timber deck on Pegasus is a rare occurrence given the limited response to my question?

I'm interested to hear the glass bead and sugar suggestion from you and Bill but am inclined to think that any form of sanding and painting will affect both the faux timber appearance and grip.

Is it heresy to replace the faux decking with a synthetic product?  Bill Kinney mentioned Treadmaster and I noted they have a product that might serve as a replacement look-alike if I decide to sand off the faux timber ... https://www.treadmaster.co.uk/products/treadmaster-atlanteak-tkw . Are there any similar products that owners have had experience with?