Re: Increasing fuel capacity - Maramu #178

Dennis Campbell

Thanks for your comments Ian. The previous owner mentioned they used very little fuel on their last pacific crossing as the prop-driven alternator kept the batteries topped up.

By comparison our future travel plans will take us to some places where extended motoring is likely or necessary on occasions. I also prefer to keep the deck and lockers clear of jerries.

The question is where do you put the extra fuel without upsetting the trim of the boat or taking up other valuable storage space. I initially thought of sacrificing some of the freshwater storage capacity with a transfer pump to the main tank. I haven't heard yet how other Maramu owners have addressed this issue.