From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 4:00 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Removing the damn Vetus coupling

Using 2 cans of

PB blaster and a lot of use of wedges and a small sledge hammer, I succeeded in accomplishing nothing.

Before setting the

gearbox on fire, I made a set of 4 bolts with nuts that pushed against the transmission and went through the holes in the coupling. After 6 hours of wrenching the coupling finally came off. I will post photos when I get home.

The transmission shaft measures 35.00-35.03 mm. The coupling also measures 35.00 mm.

DUHHHH

The alignment adapter also measures 35.00 mm as of today. tomorrow we will have them turned a little bigger. I will also have the disgusting disk for the brake remade out of stainless,

The rest hopefully will be easy.

Fair winds,

Eric

Sm 376 kimberlite