Re: Adding Bilge area pumping Capacity

Ian Park

I find that Bill Rouse has again made the points I had buzzing round my head.
A first question should be how many Amels have been holed and how? If so where was the breach? Then how serious was the effect.
I think that on other production boat sinkings, the keel is one area for serious impact damage. I can't imagine what could do that amount of damage to an Amel keel at the speed I sail.
Frontal impact with a container. Again I can't imagine the damage being too significant further aft than the anchor locker.
Groundings? Probably close enough to shore to beach or reach port.
I think Henri thought it all out before us - it's why I bought an Amel.

Ian

Ocean Hobo. SN96