Re: Adding Bilge area pumping Capacity

rossirossix4

Hi Mohammad,
Regarding a portable bilge pump we can show you what we have.  I had a high capacity 24V pump aboard from the previous owner and decided it would be good to make use of it. *For the reasons owners have posted it was not high on my list but since I had the expensive part, why not?  Management of a rigid intake hose, longer output hose, and 24V cord are all issues.  I came up with a design using a thin board with integrated handle, and a hour glass shape for managing the hoses and electrical cord.  The nylon cord that holds everything together can also be used to secure the pump in operation.  I think the suction hose was at least 1.5 meters, output hose 5 meters, and a 10 meter electrical cord with alligator clips.  The output hose can be a thin collapsible lightweight type hose that saves space. The carpenter at Yacht Marin in Turkey made me the board for $7USD!!!, and so for the cost of a switch, hoses we have a handy, organized, and compact unit that we hope never to use.  Many of us carry a spare bilge pump around anyway, so here is an idea. Sorry you can't see the switch but it is a waterproof push pull mounted near the pump and the 24V cord with alligator clips is also there  https://www.dropbox.com/sc/xkgm3urt583wqzx/AAAHNL0aoLQ0aYM5SMruLZrqa

Bob, KAIMI SM 429
 *Then again there was that incident back in 2004 where my son forgot he was filling the water tank on our Santorin and the tank access panel was open for cleaning....