Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dinghy choices?

karkauai

Hi Steve,
I'm late on catching up with the group.  I have a 10.5AB w 15 Yamaha 2-stroke.  Planes nicely w 4 adults and a dry ride.  If I had it to do over again I'd get the aluminum model, it's a lot lighter than the fiberglass one.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
Panama cell: +507-61171896
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Apr 18, 2017, at 6:15 PM, steve_morrison@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

When we bought SM380 this fall, it was in need of a new dinghy, and as we prepare to move aboard in mid June, the time has come to make some decisions.  We are a family of four (girls 8&10) and plan to spend at least the next season in the Caribbean if not two seasons there before pushing through into the Pacific.  Riza promises that our aft arch will ship soon and so we will have aft davits onto which to pull up in the evenings at anchor.  I am looking at the AB Lamina series 10AL or 10UL.

My question is this - what are some of you using?  How big, how small, and how heavy.  Also, where do you stow it underway, and how - in a cradle, upside down, deflated...?  What are some of your experiences and what do you think are the most important considerations.

Thanks for your time,

Steve Morrison

SM 380 TouRai

Brunswick, Georgia