Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Frigoboat Fridge Door Seal for Super Maramu 2000

karkauai

I need to replace the seals on my two fridge/freezer boxes under the dinette seats. Has anyone found a suitable replacement for these?
Thanks,
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently New Orleans, headed for St Michaels, Maryland.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
Panama cell: +507-61171896
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Apr 20, 2017, at 1:19 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ken,

I attempted to find a new magnetic fridge gasket, but found it nearly impossible. Had I sent the model number and serial number of the Frigoboat fridge to Coastal Climate Control (info"at"coastalclimatecontrol.com), they would have queried Frigoboat in Italy and possibly they could have ordered it.

Here is what I found that solved my issue and the same thing for a number of other owners...even if you get a new gasket, you will need to follow this procedure:
  1. With the fridge door closed, use a dollar bill to determine the correct seal of the magnetic gasket. If the dollar bill can be moved freely anywhere between the gasket and the cabinet, the gasket is not sealing correctly.
  2. Is the external door lock adjusted correctly and is it in the locked position?
  3. Is the door aligned and adjusted correctly?
  4. There are 3 bolts on each hinge, locking the hinge in place.
    1. Are they tight?
  5. Is the top of the door and side of the door parallel with the cabinet? This is the hardest thing to get right!
  6. Is the door flat against the cabinet on all sides? i.e. the door being "pulled in" or "pushed out" by either hing?
    1. If the door is not parallel or totally flat on all 4 sides against the door frame:
      1. Loosen all 6 bolts
      2. Press the door evenly so that all 4 sides are against the frame and the top and sides of the door are parallel with the cabinet. HINT: use some blue masking tape on the cabinet where the gasket meets the frame (thanks to Rick Grimes)...this will make parallel visibility easier in determining that the door is in the right position.
  7. Holding the door in position, tighten all 6 bolts. (This will test your patience)
  8. Test again using a dollar bill.
  9. Repeat the process if the dollar bill is loose anywhere between the gasket and the cabinet.

CW Bill Rouse

Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:43 AM, sailingaquarius@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I just joined the group, and was looking for some help with the Frigoboat Fridge.  Has anyone found a replacement door seal for the standard Frigoboat Dood Seal?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ken Powers

Aquarius, ASM2K Hull number 262