Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Deck restoration question

John Clark

Hi Kent,
   I too am looking into the deck restoration project.  I have ready many of the posts from Joel and Bill R. on how to accomplish the projects and I discussed it with several Amel owners in Le Marin.   My boat is an early run (1990) and I have the issue where the raised light sand colored portion of the gelcoat has worn down to the white gelcoat.  It gives the decks the appearance of having been inartfully painted with a brush.  I suspect that a fair bit of the texture has been worn down too.  I would like to clean up these worn areas when i do the striping job.  Since is is gelcoat, would a tinited gelcoat overlay with a wood grain mold be an appropriate solution or just paint over to make the color more uniform?

                    Regards,  John

John Clark
Vent de Soleil SM 37
Phillipsburg SXM

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I'm not ready yet, but I'll want to repaint my decks, and like the idea of a light gray with light stripes.  Does anyone have comments about whether repainting makes the non-skid too slippery, and if the light gray makes the decks significantly cooler?
Thanks
Kent
SM243
Kristy