Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Maramu mainsail furling issues [1 Attachment]

Eric Freedman

Hi Jacob,

The piece looks like it is made of some fiberglass material. The upper aluminum piece has a hole drilled in it. Possibly AMEL put the fiberglass thing in place so if there was too much torque on the device it would break away and it was pinned in place through the hole in the upper piece—just a guess.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:20 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Maramu mainsail furling issues [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from jacob.champness@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Got it sorted, mostly.  

It turned out that as you all said, it was the breakers.  They're located in the companionway on this boat.  And now I know what "mat" and "bome" mean!  Thanks, Eric and Olivier, for helping me understand why I would hear a solenoid even when the breakers were off.

Now here's a puzzle: When I disengaged the furling motor to manually furl in the last little bit of the main the other day, I found a weird little broken piece of some kind of pressed material taking the torque from the furling motor to the furling unit (photo attached).  This must not be original equipment, right?  Could I maybe replace it with just a little block of aluminum or something?  

Jacob Champness

Maramu 202 - Lark

St. Martin

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.