From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 2:49 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] rust on inox cable

I think this is a common problem...

i have taken off all the white plastic on the rigging except where sheets rub against the shrouds, and then I have replaced the original stuff with a size larger, so it turns as the sheet  moves past it...Plastimo have a lot of different sizes available.

As for the corrosion at the swage ends, i have two products..one is INOX which the previous owner swore by and left on board, and the other is a NZ product called GRUNT.

They both work in a similar fashion. Paint it on, leave for about 15 minutes and then hose off with fresh water.

Result : rusty marks all gone

Grunt works well on gel coat too...for rusty marks..e.g. on deck at the bow where the anchor chain comes up.

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437