Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Windscreen Salt

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Bill,

I tried RainX with mixed results…. now I use lots of fresh water from the cockpit hose (to which I’ve added at least 4 meter extension) then gently hand rub the remaining crystals.  My windscreens became scratched but I restored them with a mild abrasive from Meguiars… ScratchX…

If we could just remove all salt from the oceans,  we’d have a good solution…

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 2 May 2017, at 11:18, Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

How ever you solve it. The most important is that you use a LOT of water to rinse the salt crystals away. They make terrible scratches on the windows.

We have a window cleaner with sponge and rubber, on a long stick. But the most effective way is to send someone out with a bucket, sponge and sore skin to wipe it clean.

/Ann-Sofie, S/Y Lady Annila, SM 232, 1998

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10