From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:03 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Windscreen Salt

Mark Hanna, who owns Sharki #49 Marguerite, suggested to use “tooth paste” to remove scratches from the windshield and it worked very well for me!

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Island Water World Marina, Sint Maarten, NA

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 10:49 AM

Hello Bill,
I tried RainX with mixed
results…. now I use lots of fresh water from the cockpit
hose (to which I’ve added at least 4 meter extension) then
gently hand rub the remaining crystals.  My windscreens
became scratched but I restored them with a mild abrasive
from Meguiars… ScratchX…
If we could just remove all salt
from the oceans,  we’d have a good solution…
Jean-Pierre GermainSY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 2 May 2017, at 11:18,
Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

How ever you solve it. The
most important is that you use a LOT of water to rinse the
salt crystals away. They make terrible scratches on the
windows.
We have a window
cleaner with sponge and rubber, on a long stick. But the
most effective way is to send someone out with a bucket,
sponge and sore skin to wipe it clean.  /Ann-Sofie, S/Y Lady Annila,
SM 232, 1998    Skickades från
E-post för Windows 10