Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Reverse steerage

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Daniel,

Of course, I should have included our beautiful baby sister (SN).

James,

In my experience/opinion, the LOA of the Mango, SM and 54, the size of the water tank, the size of the rudder, the size of the skeg, the position of the propeller with regard to the rudder (think propeller wash), and all of that multiplied by the speed of possible crosswinds reduced by lower boat speed; make maneuvering those boats in reverse very challenging without dropping an anchor or having a bow thruster. It is not as big of a challenge with a Maramu or the Santorin, but all of the same things come into play, except the Maramu's propeller position in relation to the rudder.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 3:53 AM, danielmfrey63@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Bill

I assume the Santorin is included in Your list, too?

Best - Daniel