Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Creaking floor plate

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Dean,

Did you lift the carpet and inspect under the carpet? Was the sound apparent when you walked through the passageway, or was this when sailing the boat?

CW Bill Rouse

Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 3:26 AM, trifin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi all,
We are the future owners of an Amel 54, we just don't yet know which one !

We have recently inspected a 54 which has a distinct creak coming from the floor plate in front of the battery compartment. We have not found creaky floors in any of the other 54's we've inspected.

Is this unusual? More importantly, could it be symptomatic of some underlying issue? Historical leaks from battery compartment maybe?

Many thanks
Dean