Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Haulout - Storage Checklists

karkauai

Hi Dan.  I left my boat there one Summer and used a hatch AC from Dynamite who also came aboard once or twice a week to make sure the AC was running and flush the watermaker membranes.  I didn't have the boat covered and left the sails furled in the masts, but took the Genoa down and stowed it in the saloon.  Kristy was filthy with dust, but others whose boats were enclosed in plastic had mildew and bird crap all over their boats. If I were to do it again, I would not enclose in plastic. The main and mizzen sheets and outhauls were filthy and took two whole days to clean, I would recommend removing them and stowing below.  Also, stuff rags in every hole you can find to keep birds and wasps from building nests.

Hope that helps some.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy