Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Haulout - Storage Checklists

Ric Gottschalk <ric@...>

Dont plug the cockpit drains or bilge drain. Actually had friend sink his engine on the hard. i preferred the cover that goes down to the top rail. Think umbrella.
Balihai
Sn24

Ric Gottschalk
Kitchen Magic Refacers, Inc
Office 410-923-5800
Fax 410-923-5802

On May 12, 2017, at 3:43 AM, parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dan
I would second everything that Kent said. I forgot to mention plugging every hole with plastic or cloth, including the holes in the hull. Peakes will also tell you to buy a tub of cheap grease and liberally smear a ring round every part of the cradle and chain leading to the boat - to stop ants and other nasties crawling up and finding a new home!
We had a new Genoa made at Ullmans and he checked the other sails too. If you were having yours cleaned or any stitching re-done you can take your sails off while you're afloat in the marina and leave them there for the off season. It's only a 300m motor across to Peakes.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96