Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Hi Courtney

This will depend greatly on the area you are cruising in, for example our 2001 Super Maramu 2000 cost us $3000 pa in Australian waters with Panteanius and almost $7000pa with the same company for Asia and Indian Ocean. We just moved to Velos which was about $6000 pa for Asia west and Indian Ocean (based on boat value of $395,000).

Having gone through all the comparisons recently each company varies hugely and you have to read absolutely every line in the fine print, for example Panteanius pays absolutely nothing if your boat is taken by pirates and their excess (or deductables) were 5x the amount of Velos, however they were far superior in covering personal accidents, covered us 100% for single handed sailing and had a number of other benefits plus were a pleasure to deal with.

Good luck with it but take care, there are huge differences and you need to firstly decide what is most appropriate for your needs and sailing plans.

Colin Streeter, SV Island Pearl II
Amel 53 # 332. Brisbane Australia

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 12:24 AM, Courtney Gorman Itsfun1@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am in the process of getting insurance for an Amel 54 and was wondering what owners were paying for this coverage for a 54.  I read the older posts about pros and cons of different policies and coverages but was looking for a ball park figure.
Thank you for your replies
Courtney Gorman
future s/v Trippin'

--