Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Canopy top & Cockpit protection

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Alex,

I am certain that you will find more than one source in Trinidad.

We used a sailmaker on the island of Carriacou 10 years ago and it is still in good condition. We also had them make shade screens for the front windshields to protect the plexiglas from UV of the sun. Our efforts were to provide shade while at anchor and sailing.

Contact:
Company name: In Stitches:
Owner: Andy who lives aboard Yacht Yellowbird anchored at Tyrell Bay Carriacou (Island north of Grenada)
Sail loft and canvas workshop that also designs and builds sun protection devices such as dodgers, biminis, and sail covers.
Telephone: 443-8878, Cell: 406-4117, VHF: 16

I hope this helps.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 2:36 PM, Alex Ramseyer alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear AMEL community,
I'm looking for a new canopy top, and cockpit protection. I've seen one in St. Martin on another AMEL that seemed to have two layers for the cockpit, one against Mosquitos and a second one against rain. It looked really nice, but I couldn't ask the owner while I was at the Island World Marina because he left his boat during my stay. However, I heard from another AMEL owner that he had someone in Trinidad doing that job. If you know who I may contact in Trinidad (as I plan to do down to Grenada for the HS anyway), I'd really appreciate the information.
Fair winds,
Alex Ramseyer
SY NO STRESS
AMEL54, #15