Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Canopy top & Cockpit protection

Stephen Davis

Hello Alex,

I believe the boat you are referring to is ours, as we were in the Island Water World marina for March and April, and not with the boat for part of the time. We had our canvas done by Superb Canvas in Trinidad last June. They have there shop in the Powerboats yard next to Peakes. The owner of the company is Sean, and it's a family operation with his wife, mother and kids working there as well. We completely redesigned all of our cockpit canvas, and I found them easy to work with, and the work was well above average. The price was about the same as anyone else in the area.

Let me know if You need any other information.

Best Regards,

Steve and Liz Davis
Aloha SM72
Bonaire

On May 12, 2017, at 15:36, Alex Ramseyer alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear AMEL community,
I'm looking for a new canopy top, and cockpit protection. I've seen one in St. Martin on another AMEL that seemed to have two layers for the cockpit, one against Mosquitos and a second one against rain. It looked really nice, but I couldn't ask the owner while I was at the Island World Marina because he left his boat during my stay. However, I heard from another AMEL owner that he had someone in Trinidad doing that job. If you know who I may contact in Trinidad (as I plan to do down to Grenada for the HS anyway), I'd really appreciate the information.
Fair winds,
Alex Ramseyer
SY NO STRESS
AMEL54, #15