De : "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]"
À : "amelyachtowners@..."
Envoyé le : Dimanche 14 mai 2017 19h56
Objet : Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mango Zincs

Jay,

I believe that there have been many modifications to that Mango. I seem to remember a late model Mango that had the zincs on the rudder like Santorins, SMs, 54s, 55s, and 64s. I am not sure of the position of early model Mangos. Hopefully a Mango owner can give you a clear answer for hull #60.

The most important issue regarding the zincs and the bonding system is: does the zinc electrically connect with no resistance to the bonded items? Have you checked continuity between the zinc and the engine propellor shaft? What about inside the area of the rudder post/quadrant? Is there evidence of the bonding wire connecting to the rudder post or quadrant? This connection the the rudder post/quadrant is what you should see on the above mentioned models. Unrelated to your direct question, but significant because of the potential modifications on hull #60, is this: Is there a weep hole in the bottom (underneath) of the rudder?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 11:09 AM, J Wagam jwagam@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

Hi Amel Owners,

I am trying to track down the location for zincs on my mango. Next to the grounding plate is a threaded hole that had a bolt in it. It goes all the way through. I assumed this was the zinc location but it is very close to the plate. Does anybody have an idea of what this hole is for? If not for zincs, where is the zinc location?

Thank You!
Jay Wagamon
Mango #60 Hobo Tiempo