Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Two questions concerning the Hydra 2000 and the 50 Amp charger

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Willem,

At the age of your SM, that bearing in the windvane can fail at anytime. In fact, the same is true of the bearing in the speed sensor of the 213MHU. I have heard of people replacing these tiny bearings, but I do not recommend it because I am also aware of people breaking the sending units when replacing the bearings. B&G recommends replacing the entire sensor.

If you want to check connections of the wires, you should start at the junction box of the wires from the 213MHU Mount. The junction box is located outside the forward head, while facing the aft of the boat with the head on your right side, reach up and pull loose a panel that is secured by Velcro. There is a gray plastic junction box there. This is where the cable that goes up the mast to the B&G 213MHU Mount joins with a cable that goes to the B&G Hydra Computer, which is located behind the NAV station in the aft pull-out drawer.

I have attached a file that may be of help, but unfortunately it refers to use of a B&G test instrument that you do not have.

Good luck!

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:10 AM, 'Willem J. Kroes' kavanga@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thanks Bill !

My wife and I are on the way to the Netherlands. There we will have the standing rigging renewed plus a lot of other maintenance and replacements. This boat was neglected for a few years, but passed a survey by Olivier Beaute.

Regarding the wind instrument I just want to check the connections on the Hydra computer.

It is terrible weather here in Denmark. Today stayed at anchor in a fjord because of heavy rain and fierce winds.  Tomorrow theweather will be a bit better and we will continue our trip.

Best regards,

Willem

Op 16 mei 2017 14:04 schreef "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...om>:

Willem

Later today, I will post the B&G Hydra manual in the Files Section of the Amel Owner's Group website.

However, you most likely need the replace a part in the 213MHU, which is the B&G mast head unit. I will also post in the Files Section a exploded view of the 213MHU with the part circled and some instructions on how to

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On May 16, 2017 05:05, "kavanga@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

The wind meter is not working properly (all the time indicating between 30 and 120 degrees from starboard). The manual of the Hydra 2000 is in French and the Amel manual is not indicating where the computer and the contact box is installed. Can anyone help me out?

The other question is about the big battery charger which is not working. Is there a fuse or switch behind the cover? It is a Christec charger.

Willem Kroes

SM2000 #351 Kavanga,
from a very wet, windy and cold Denmark