From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 22 May 2017 17:54:08
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Chain counter

The cause is most likely that the chain counter sensor needs replacing. You will need an IB5076 Chain Counter Sensor made by IFM Electronic http://www.ifm.com/

Unfortunately, you probably cannot find an IB5076, but can find an IB5124 which is identical to the original except it is a two wire unit that has wire terminals rather than a cable for connection. I have successfully installed an IB5124 instead of the IB5076 leaving 1 or the 3 wires disconnected. I left the brown wire disconnected and it works perfectly.

The original 3 wires were brown, black and blue. To install the 2 wire sensor:
1. Cap off the brown and do not use.
2. Connect the blue (negative) wire to terminal labeled 2/4
3. Connect the black (pos) wire to the terminal marked 1/3.
4. Secure all with a couple of spots of silicone

Note: The clearance between the "button" on the rope sheave and the IB5124 should be about 8-10 mm

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus