I am also looking for the watermaker lift pump

eric freedman

Does anyone know the specifications of the lift pump for a 160 lph watermaker pump?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:27 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC abd Low pressure pump numbers [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Ben Driver included below]

Eric, 

I installed this pump last year for AC salt water.

Ben Driver

La Bella Vita

SM #347

6S

On May 24, 2017, at 6:29 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Eric,

I changed mine. This is the pump the folks at Costal Climate recommended. You can save yourself about $100 if you buy it on eBay.

https://www.coastalclimatecontrol.com/index.php/product-catalog/product/260-march-1500-gph-115-230v.html.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/March-pump-TE-5-5C-MD-1-Phase-115-230V-TEFC-/361876817634?hash=item54418a06e2:g:rMkAAOxygPtSyFqm

It is an easy install and the foot print is similar to the Calpeda pump. March pumps have a great reputation. The thing I like about it on an Amel is the saltwater end is all plastic (nothing metal to bond to the Amel system). On the Calpeda pump, I am not sure it was entirely in tune with the whole Amel bonding/grounding design. I started to poke about on the Calpeda one day with a volt meter and picked up stay current on the pump. Soon after that it crapped out and I decided to add the March pump. It has been running for 2 years with no issues. I also purchased a frontend repair kit (includes seals and a replacement magnetic impeller)

Hope this helps.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising – Pueto Rico

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:03 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC abd Low pressure pump numbers

I saw that some people changed their AC water pump to a March magnetic drive pumps.

What model was used.

Does anyone know the specifications for the lift pump for the 160 LPH watermaker pump or a good substitute?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376’

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.