Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] I am also looking for the watermaker lift pump

eric freedman

Mohammad,

I understand all lines on the plate except

IP 55 and cos 0.87.

Do you know what they mean?

I am actually looking for how many liters per hour the pump puts out.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:10 AM
To: 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] I am also looking for the watermaker lift pump

Hi Eric;

We replaced the LP pump on our 150L/hr last year. We ordered it direct from Desallator In France. Here are the specs on the face plate:

IP 55
0.30 KW
COS 0.87
230 V
2.7 A
50 HZ
CB 10 microF 450 V

Let me know if this helps or if you need additional info.

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

> On May 28, 2017, at 1:39 AM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know the specifications of the lift pump for a 160 lph watermaker pump?
>
> Fair Winds
>
> Eric
>
> Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376
>
>
>
>
>
> From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:27 PM
> To: amelyachtowners@...
> Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC abd Low pressure pump numbers [1 Attachment]
>
>
>
>
>
> [Attachment(s) from Ben Driver included below]
>
> Eric,
>
> I installed this pump last year for AC salt water.
>
>
>
> image1.PNG
>
>
>
>
>
> Ben Driver
>
> La Bella Vita
>
> SM #347
>
>6S
>
>
>
>
> On May 24, 2017, at 6:29 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Eric,
>
>
>
> I changed mine. This is the pump the folks at Costal Climate recommended. You can save yourself about $100 if you buy it on eBay.
>
>
>
> https://www.coastalclimatecontrol.com/index.php/product-catalog/product/260-march-1500-gph-115-230v.html.
>
>
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/March-pump-TE-5-5C-MD-1-Phase-115-230V-TEFC-/361876817634?hash=item54418a06e2:g:rMkAAOxygPtSyFqm
>
>
>
>
>
> It is an easy install and the foot print is similar to the Calpeda pump. March pumps have a great reputation. The thing I like about it on an Amel is the saltwater end is all plastic (nothing metal to bond to the Amel system). On the Calpeda pump, I am not sure it was entirely in tune with the whole Amel bonding/grounding design. I started to poke about on the Calpeda one day with a volt meter and picked up stay current on the pump. Soon after that it crapped out and I decided to add the March pump. It has been running for 2 years with no issues. I also purchased a frontend repair kit (includes seals and a replacement magnetic impeller)
>
>
>
> Hope this helps.
>
>
>
>
>
> With best regards,
>
>
>
> Mark
>
>
>
> Skipper
>
> Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
>
> Currently cruising – Pueto Rico
>
> www.creampuff.us
>
>
>
> From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:03 PM
> To: amelyachtowners@...
> Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC abd Low pressure pump numbers
>
>
>
>
>
> I saw that some people changed their AC water pump to a March magnetic drive pumps.
>
> What model was used.
>
>
>
> Does anyone know the specifications for the lift pump for the 160 LPH watermaker pump or a good substitute?
>
> Fair Winds
>
> Eric
>
> Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376’
>
>
>
>

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.