Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] I am also looking for the watermaker lift pump

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

Eric,
IP 55 is an international standard for water ingress.  55 means  essentially very limited protection.  COS is cosign for motor efficiency rating. For instance a 200 kw  rated motor with a COS of 0.87 would be 95% efficient.  

Ben 
Ben and Gayle 
La Bella Vita
SM #347
6S

On May 28, 2017, at 9:50 AM, 'Mohammad Shirloo' mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Eric;

I don't know what they mean exactly either.

The person to contact regarding all things related to Dessalator is Martin. He is located in France and travels throughout Europe and is the tech guy for Dessalator. His number is +33 6 07 34 65 11. Very nice and helpful person. 

Respectfully;

Mohammad and Aty 
B&B Kokomo 
Amel 54 #099

On May 28, 2017, at 3:27 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Mohammad,

I understand all lines on the plate except

IP 55 and cos 0.87.

Do you know what they mean?

I am actually looking for how many liters per hour the pump puts out.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:10 AM
To: 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] I am also looking for the watermaker lift pump

Hi Eric;

We replaced the LP pump on our 150L/hr last year. We ordered it direct from Desallator In France. Here are the specs on the face plate:

IP 55
0.30 KW
COS 0.87
230 V
2.7 A
50 HZ
CB 10 microF 450 V

Let me know if this helps or if you need additional info.

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

> On May 28, 2017, at 1:39 AM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know the specifications of the lift pump for a 160 lph watermaker pump?
>
> Fair Winds
>
> Eric
>
> Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376
>
>
>
>
>
> From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:27 PM
> To: amelyachtowners@...
> Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC abd Low pressure pump numbers [1 Attachment]
>
>
>
>
>
> [Attachment(s) from Ben Driver included below]
>
> Eric,
>
> I installed this pump last year for AC salt water.
>
>
>
> image1.PNG
>
>
>
>
>
> Ben Driver
>
> La Bella Vita
>
> SM #347
>
>6S
>
>
>
>
> On May 24, 2017, at 6:29 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Eric,
>
>
>
> I changed mine. This is the pump the folks at Costal Climate recommended. You can save yourself about $100 if you buy it on eBay.
>
>
>
> https://www.coastalclimatecontrol.com/index.php/product-catalog/product/260-march-1500-gph-115-230v.html.
>
>
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/March-pump-TE-5-5C-MD-1-Phase-115-230V-TEFC-/361876817634?hash=item54418a06e2:g:rMkAAOxygPtSyFqm
>
>
>
>
>
> It is an easy install and the foot print is similar to the Calpeda pump. March pumps have a great reputation. The thing I like about it on an Amel is the saltwater end is all plastic (nothing metal to bond to the Amel system). On the Calpeda pump, I am not sure it was entirely in tune with the whole Amel bonding/grounding design. I started to poke about on the Calpeda one day with a volt meter and picked up stay current on the pump. Soon after that it crapped out and I decided to add the March pump. It has been running for 2 years with no issues. I also purchased a frontend repair kit (includes seals and a replacement magnetic impeller)
>
>
>
> Hope this helps.
>
>
>
>
>
> With best regards,
>
>
>
> Mark
>
>
>
> Skipper
>
> Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
>
> Currently cruising – Pueto Rico
>
> www.creampuff.us
>
>
>
> From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:03 PM
> To: amelyachtowners@...
> Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] AC abd Low pressure pump numbers
>
>
>
>
>
> I saw that some people changed their AC water pump to a March magnetic drive pumps.
>
> What model was used.
>
>
>
> Does anyone know the specifications for the lift pump for the 160 LPH watermaker pump or a good substitute?
>
> Fair Winds
>
> Eric
>
> Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376’
>
>
>
>

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.