Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mystery Pasta Bug
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Monday, May 29, 2017, 12:26 PM

Alex,

 Bad luck. We had them in Brasil. Probably weevils. One
magazine I read recently suggested that they can eat through
plastic bags.
 Just have to dump all the offending bags and go over
everything lots of times with a vacuum cleaner. The ones
that escaped used to get stuck in the fuzzy lining in our
lockers

Mind you, they do say that they do add useful protein to
a pesto sauce.....

Good luck !

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Genoa

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
<amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of Alex
Ramseyer alexramseyer@yahoo.com [amelyachtowners]
<amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>

Sent: 29 May 2017 17:17:00

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mystery Pasta Bug [1
Attachment]

Dear
Amelians,
found this bug (attached picture)  in several pastas on my
boat. They were even inside sealed plastic spaghetti
packages that were inside a separate plastic box. It's
not the first time I see them,
but I have no clue where they come from and how they grow.
They only seem to like pasta...
Does
anyone of you know what it is and how to avoid them?
Fair
winds,
Alex,
SY NOSTRESS