Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mystery Pasta Bug [1 Attachment]

Mark Erdos

Hi Alex,

That looks like a grain weevil or wheat weevil. They can eat through plastic bags to get to food. They like pasta, rice and anything with flour.

Any type of household bug spray will kill them but it will take a few treatments since you probably some that are not yet hatched.

We store our pasta in plastic airtight containers: https://www.amazon.com/Biokips-Storage-Spaghetti-Noodle-Container/dp/B06VWPWQP9/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1496079860&sr=8-4&keywords=pasta+container

On the bright side, they are harmless and probably a good source of protein if digested.

Hope this helps.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising – Puerto Rico

www.creampuff.us