Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mystery Pasta Bug [1 Attachment]

Mike Johnson

Hi,

We have also had similar experience with weevils in pasta, rice and cereals.

We cured the problem by processing these items through the freezer for 24 hours prior to storage.

Very best wishes

Mike & Peta

Solitude

SM 2K 461

On 29 May 2017, at 18:17, Alex Ramseyer alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear Amelians,
I found this bug (attached picture)  in several pastas on my boat. They were even inside sealed plastic spaghetti packages that were inside a separate plastic box. It's not the first time I see them, but I have no clue where they come from and how they grow. They only seem to like pasta...
Does anyone of you know what it is and how to avoid them?
Fair winds,
Alex, SY NOSTRESS
AMEL54#15, Martinique