Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] MPPT solar regulateur

Dean Gillies

Hi Thomas,
Sorry can't help with the installation details - still looking at Amel 54's to buy.

I'm very interested to know If you fitted a solar arch/gantry to your Simpson Davits or have you built a separate solar arch.

Cheers
Dean
Amel 54#TBD

On 29 May 2017, at 9:18 pm, SV Garulfo svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mark,

yes, solar panels will be mounted aft on an arch. So there is enough space in the ceiling for yours? Is it a tight fit? Please let me know the model and I'll check the dimensions to see if we stand a chance to do the same.

Cheers
Thomas

On 29 May 2017 at 18:36, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Thomas and Soraya,

I am not sure how close the 53 is to the 54 but it think you could do the same as I did. I am assuming you have the solar panels mounted aft on an arch? Is so, consider mounting the MPPT in the ceiling area above the mid-ship bunk in the passage way leading to the aft cabin (where there is access to the winches). It is easy to run cables through the aft lazarette though the cabinets in the aft stateroom into the fore mentioned area. Also, it is an easy run from this area down through the cabinet to the battery compartment.

Hope this helps.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising – Puerto Rico

www.creampuff.us