Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mystery Pasta Bug [1 Attachment]

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Alex, it is common for bugs' eggs to hatch inside dried pasta, especially in the tropics. Get yourself a good vacuum sealer machine and vacuum-seal pasta and all other grains, cereals and flours that are not consumed within 3 weeks.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On May 29, 2017 13:17, "Alex Ramseyer alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Alex Ramseyer included below]

Dear Amelians,
I found this bug (attached picture)  in several pastas on my boat. They were even inside sealed plastic spaghetti packages that were inside a separate plastic box. It's not the first time I see them, but I have no clue where they come from and how they grow. They only seem to like pasta...
Does anyone of you know what it is and how to avoid them?
Fair winds,
Alex, SY NOSTRESS
AMEL54#15, Martinique