Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Soraya,

So I can not recommend a specific printer, but in my opinion, the printer should at least accept 50 and 60 Hz current.
Best is also 110/220 volt (or 220 volt since the boat is in 220 volt).
I started with a HP P1505, only because at the time this was the smallest, but after 3 years started to have issue with the USB connectors (I assume from the salty climate).
Also had an HP Envy 120, which I like because of the 50/60 HZ and 110/220 Volt, plus it was scanner, but eventually the climate also created problem.
Now I am using a Samsung M2020 printer and a Epson Perfection V39 scanner simply because they are small and were very cheap.
The Samsung is only 110 volt (50/60hz). The Epson uses USB for power.
what ever you purchase make sure of the 50/60 Hz frequency.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Island Water World Marina, Sint Maarten, NA

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 6:40 AM

Dear Amelians,
Contemplating getting a
printer onboard...
From experience:- would you say that is something useful
to have onboard?- Any suggestions or recommendations
of models both compact and resistant to usage on
boat?
Thanks for your
inputFair winds,Soraya
--