Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?

ldesalvo207 Desalvo

Soraya

We have had the same printer on board for the last 8 years.  It has been and is very reliable. Extremely useful for sharing info with other boaters and for printing out info and notes when needed.  Our printer is a HP Photosmart C7200 series it is a bit big for a boat.  We removed the dishwasher and located it under the starboard side sink in our Super Maramu. We also have installed shelves above the printer for dishtowel storage.

Jim, SM #207

Currently for sale in Long Beach Ca

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning Soraya,

So I can not recommend a specific printer, but in my opinion, the printer should at least accept 50 and 60 Hz current.
Best is also 110/220 volt (or 220 volt since the boat is in 220 volt).
I started with a HP P1505, only because at the time this was the smallest, but after 3 years started to have issue with the USB connectors (I assume from the salty climate).
Also had an HP Envy 120, which I like because of the 50/60 HZ and 110/220 Volt, plus it was scanner, but eventually the climate also created problem.
Now I am using a Samsung M2020 printer and a Epson Perfection V39 scanner simply because they are small and were very cheap.
The Samsung is only 110 volt (50/60hz). The Epson uses USB for power.
what ever you purchase make sure of the 50/60 Hz frequency.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Island Water World Marina, Sint Maarten, NA

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 6:40 AM

Dear Amelians,
Contemplating getting a
printer onboard...
From
experience:- would you say that is something useful
to have onboard?- Any suggestions or recommendations
of models both compact and resistant to usage on
boat?
Thanks for your
inputFair winds,Soraya
--