Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?

Mohammad Shirloo

Hello Soraya;

We have the HP ML150 portable printer on board. It is pretty small, battery operated (rechargeable), light and can print at decent speeds and blue tooth. We typically just take it out, print a few pages and put it back. No wired connections needed. Every once in a while we have to plug in to charge. Very convenient and useful. We just put it the front port side cabin locker out of the way.

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
AMEL 54 # 099

On May 30, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Linda DeSalvo ldesalvo207@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Soraya

We have had the same printer on board for the last 8 years.  It has been and is very reliable. Extremely useful for sharing info with other boaters and for printing out info and notes when needed.  Our printer is a HP Photosmart C7200 series it is a bit big for a boat.  We removed the dishwasher and located it under the starboard side sink in our Super Maramu. We also have installed shelves above the printer for dishtowel storage.

Jim, SM #207

Currently for sale in Long Beach Ca

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning Soraya,

So I can not recommend a specific printer, but in my opinion, the printer should at least accept 50 and 60 Hz current.
Best is also 110/220 volt (or 220 volt since the boat is in 220 volt).
I started with a HP P1505, only because at the time this was the smallest, but after 3 years started to have issue with the USB connectors (I assume from the salty climate).
Also had an HP Envy 120, which I like because of the 50/60 HZ and 110/220 Volt, plus it was scanner, but eventually the climate also created problem.
Now I am using a Samsung M2020 printer and a Epson Perfection V39 scanner simply because they are small and were very cheap.
The Samsung is only 110 volt (50/60hz). The Epson uses USB for power.
what ever you purchase make sure of the 50/60 Hz frequency.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Island Water World Marina, Sint Maarten, NA

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 6:40 AM

Dear Amelians,
Contemplating getting a
printer onboard...
From
experience:- would you say that is something useful
to have onboard?- Any suggestions or recommendations
of models both compact and resistant to usage on
boat?
Thanks for your
inputFair winds,Soraya
--