Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Replace mirror washing room

Mark Erdos

Oliver,

Any local glass shop can cut you a new mirror. Here are a couple of tips. We replace all of our mirrors last summer.

On the wall cabinets, we replaced the glass with mirror plexi-glass. It looks just the same as glass. I think the plastic is much safer. We used the same thickness as the original glass. For the mirrors over the sink, we replace these with glass mirrors with safety backing. This is an adhesive backing put on by the cutter. It also helps keep the silver backing intact. The safety backing will hold the glass together if the mirror should break. Any glass shop can do this for you.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising – Puerto Rico

www.creampuff.us