Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Leece-Neville 175 Amp Alternator

eric freedman

Alan,

I guess I will be starting World War 3.

I do not believe that the alternator needs a 3 stage regulator.

When the bank is full , the voltage drops down and the amps are in the 1-2 amp range.

A good friend of mine who sells batteries, and rebuild starter motors and alternators told me that

There is no need for a 3 stage regulator, He thinks the 3 stage regulators on alternators is a big scam. If they were necessary, why doesn’t the 12 V alternator on the genset and engine also  have a 3 stage regulator?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376