Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Adapter / connection shore power US

Oliver Buhlert

Thank you so much.

The marina told me, that they have also a 30 Amp 125V shore power.
On my boat we have the additional Amel equipment of a 110 V Transformator. I think that the 30 Amp US plug has only 3 wires. Could it be better using the 110V Transfo?
I'm a little bit concerned because the marina told me that a former Amel almost burned because the 110V Transfo on board got to hot. I couldn't believe it, because I thought that it was made from Amel for using it in the US.


SV JoEmi

Am 08.06.2017 um 17:32 schrieb 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:



You can get the plug at most marine supply shops. It cost about $100USD.

and this:


CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:16 PM, qmvwv3fna4dth3r32bdwtz3bpy7meopg2s2xlnuq@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:


we are now in the US  and we need an adaptor to get shore power.

We have the 3 prong Euro plug and need an adapter for the 240 V  US shore power.

Does anybody knows where I can get it or how I can link the 3 wires from the European plug to the 4 wires of the US shore power?

Thank you in advance 


SV JoEmi /SM 2000

no 397

Join to automatically receive all group messages.