Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Adapter / connection shore power US

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Oliver,

Your original email said nothing of a transformer. How can we know how to answer your questions without​ all of the information?

I strongly suggest that you ask the marina for a certified electrician.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Jun 9, 2017 07:00, "Oliver Buhlert obuhlert@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thank you so much.

The marina told me, that they have also a 30 Amp 125V shore power.
On my boat we have the additional Amel equipment of a 110 V Transformator. I think that the 30 Amp US plug has only 3 wires. Could it be better using the 110V Transfo?
I'm a little bit concerned because the marina told me that a former Amel almost burned because the 110V Transfo on board got to hot. I couldn't believe it, because I thought that it was made from Amel for using it in the US.

Regards

Oliver
SV JoEmi

Am 08.06.2017 um 17:32 schrieb 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>:

Oliver,

You can get the plug at most marine supply shops. It cost about $100USD.

and this:

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:16 PM, qmvwv3fna4dth3r32bdwtz3bpy7meopg2s2xlnuq@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hello,

we are now in the US  and we need an adaptor to get shore power.

We have the 3 prong Euro plug and need an adapter for the 240 V  US shore power.

Does anybody knows where I can get it or how I can link the 3 wires from the European plug to the 4 wires of the US shore power?

Thank you in advance

Oliver

SV JoEmi /SM 2000

no 397