Battery bank main switch

Patrick McAneny

Several times recently upon trying to start my engine it would not turn over , I discovered that if I would switch the top lever of the battery switch on and off several times , I would then have power and could start the engine . It would seem to be a case of corrosion on the contacts and switching it on and off cleans the contacts enough for power to flow to the starter. The switch appears to be sealed tight . Does anyone know if that switch could be opened to be cleaned up ? Late last night sailing into my mooring under a full moon , (beautiful night) , I luffed my sails and the engine would not start , I had enough steerage to tack on out into the river and get the engine started . I need to get this fixed . If it cannot be opened , does anyone know the source to but a new switch.
Thanks,
Pat
SM#123