Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Burned Out Headsail Furling Motor

J Wagam <jwagam@...>

Amel Owners,

Thank you for all the kind replies on this - especially the direct emails offering retired motors! Yes, the motor is thoroughly cooked and wiring all melted/bonded. I was very lucky that someone smelled it. My marina is adamant about the way they haul boats but I will keep trying - it is along a small strip of reclaimed marsh and the owner wants all boats bow out.

Regards
Jay Wagamon
Hobo Tiempo
Mango #60

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:08 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jay,

Good luck with the motor...I am sure that you can get it repaired. Are you sure that it is the motor and not the cable?

Also, with very few exceptions, I believe and I teach that when entering a berth, travel lift area, dock, fuel dock, etc. the safest method is in reverse in a Maramu (with a bow thruster), Satorin, Super Maramu, 54, 55, and 64.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus