Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Battery Options in Santorin

David Wallace

Eric,

At one time I had four Trojan H16s in our boat (same size and weight I think as the US Battery ones). They sit fairly close to centerline and there was no issue regarding weight balance, which as you know is really most affected by the amount of diesel in the tank!

Dave Wallace
sv Air ops
Maramu #104
Puerto Escondido, Sea of Cortez, Mx

On Jun 13, 2017, at 12:45 PM, ericmeury@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

So the first set of batteries that I replaced shortly after i bought to boat at pretty much done.

I have been thinking of going with Trojan's T105 but these came up

they are much taller at 16 inches tall and 4 of them would fit in the engine room.  I currently have 5 12 volt batteries for a total of 500 amp hours.    4 of these would give me a huge battery bank.  Do you think it too much weight on one side of the boat.

http://usbattery.com/products/6-volt-batteries/us-l16hc-xc2/