Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Cruzpro VAF110 shore power & generator monitor

greatketch@...

Bill R. means to say kW-hours... not kW.

Kilowatts are easy, they are just volts*amps and are an instantaneous measure of power use. No need for a meter to display kW. It goes up and down exactly as the amperage does.  We do NOT pay for electricity by the kilowatt.

Kilowatt-hours are a very different beast, and is the integrated sum of total energy usage, it never goes down, only up.  It IS how we pay for electricity.

Similar name, but VERY different measurement and very commonly confused.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Highlands, NJ