Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Instalation SSB

eric freedman

Rafa,

The new Icom tuners are amazingly waterproof. I would mount it right below the antenna. In addition the length of the wire from the tuner to the antenna is also is added into the total length if the antenna.

Mine is 15 years old and works like new.. Do you have dynaplates on your hull?  I also remember something about a wire connected to non SSB radios connected to the boats bonding at the nav station, If I remember correctly this has to be disconnected.  Do you have a piece of copper foil sticking out of the hull on the starboard side in the aft locker above the shelf?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376