Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Seeking an Amel Super Maramu

Stephen Davis

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on your new boat, and I think you will be very happy with your choice.

With regards to a new Radar, are you also buying a new multi-function display, and if not, what model do you currently have?

Best Regards,

Steve and Liz Davis
Aloha SM72
Aruba

On Jun 16, 2017, at 08:06, rettirc@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Everything has finally paid off, we have concluded our search for a Super Maramu, we are in contract to purchase "Lena S", SM224, she is a 1998 boat.

We plan to start the adventures in the later half of July, she is located in Phuket, Thailand.
There is quite a long list of jobs that we intend to do, so i look forward to any suggestions and helpful hints.

We are undecided on the name, but likely to leave it as "Lena" and probably register her Australian flag.

Some of the things we are planning short term are replacing the standing and running rigging, maybe a new main and genoa.  Just want to check spare main and headsail first.

I need to also order a Raymarine radar antenna/scanner. 2 or 4KW?  Size? 24"?  Pros/cons?

Lots to think about and plan over the next month, not to mention pack up all of our household belongings and find some sort of storage.

We are a family of 4 with 2 boys aged 3 and 4.  Not sure about itinerary but likely stay in Thailand for 2-3 months and ease into living onboard without any stress of long passages.  this time shall also be used to bring the vessel up to standard and work out what equipment we need.

Lots to do, but very exciting.

Chris Shiels
+61 424 521 357